As requested on Instagram, here’s one version of my Bloody Mary mix recipe. I switch up my ingredients nearly every time I make Bloody Mary mix depending on what ingredients I have around so let’s call this one, Spicy Mix #1.
Coming up in Portland, Ore as a late-morning brunch connoisseur and longtime bar/restaurant employee, I’ve had my fair share of well executed, delicious Bloody Marys, and more than my fair share of truly terrible Bloody Marys. Safe to say, I’m a bit of of Bloody Mary expert at this point so trust me when I tell you, this Bloody Mary mix recipe is pretty, pretty good.
- 3/4 liter of tomato juice
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled/smashed
- 2 tsp habanero Tabasco
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp New Mexico red chili
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- an additional 1 tbsp celery salt and 1tbsp Tajín for rim