I woke up this morning 1. determined to finish this knitted denim top so I can wear it out tonight and 2. CRAVING granola for some mysterious reason.
I whipped up this quick batch of Easy 5 Ingredient Granola with what I had on hand and it turned out great, so I thought I’d share the recipe. Gluten-free and lower in sugar than most granola, if you think about those things. Substitutions to veganize are in parentheses. Consider this recipe a base and feel free to add nuts or dried fruit.
- 1/4 C Ghee (or coconut oil)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup, honey or a combo of both
- 2 tbsp nut butter, I used peanut
- 2 C rolled oats
- a dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease a large baking sheet with a small amount of ghee (or coconut oil) or line with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pot combine everything but the rolled oats and cinnamon and stir over low heat until melted.
- Add melted ingredients to 2 cups of rolled oats in a medium sized bowl and stir until the oats are coated.
- Spoon coated oats onto the baking sheet and spread into a relatively even layer.
- sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes, then remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully stir with a wooden spoon.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Transfer to a large jar or Tupperware.
Enjoy! – EK